Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

The kids finished up school today and are very excited about winter break (except for Halle who would rather be in school.) Here's some pictures from the last few weeks. Spencer and Halle helped decorate the tree, with the loss of only one ornament. They love the new ornaments that I have that make sounds. I have a Grinch that sings the Grinch song and a leg lamp that says quotes from the Christmas Story movie.
There was a gingerbread house contest at our ward Christmas party. The kids decorated it all by themselves. When we arrived at the church, ours was the only entry so we were assured of a win. Slowly, three more entries arrived and I thought that we had passed from first to fourth place within about 30 minutes. Luckily, we had Caleb to stuff the ballot box for us and we ended up with the first prize - 6 candy canes. Yippee.
We got 3.5 inches of snow on Tuesday. Caitlyn was sure every day this week that school was going to be cancelled. No such luck.

I helped in Halle's classroom this week. We worked on gingerbread houses on two days and the holiday party on Thursday. She did a very good job on her gingerbread house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment