Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Soap Situation

Spencer has developed a fascination with pouring things out. He likes to pour out lotion and squeeze tubes of ointment into little piles of squiggly messes. This week, he has truly outdone himself. On Monday while I was in the bathroom (for a whole 2 minutes) he took a brand-new bottle of liquid soap and dumped it onto the carpet and ottoman in my room. He also filled the diaper holder with a layer of soap. I wiped up what I could with a towel and then dragged out the carpet cleaning machine and let the suds fly. As I tried to clean up the mess, bubbles filled the machine and spilled out the side. So I emptied it again and again but the bubbles would not stop, I decided to work on it some more on Tuesday.

I sucked up bubbles throughout the day on Tuesday. When we came home from our evening activities, I discovered that Spencer had found the bottle of soap that I thought was empty and poured out more on the floor, the bed, and all over the wipes container. The carpet cleaner machine was still right there so I got to cleaning up more bubbles. As I did this, Spencer emptied a tube of toothpaste onto the bathmat in the bathroom. He was promptly put to bed.

Then, today as I folded laundry in my room, Spencer squeezed out more toothpaste all over my closet. I had had it so I told him to go to his room. Instead, he went to Caitlyn's room, squeezed out some makeup and drew on some angry eyebrows. What am I going to do with him? Meanwhile, my room smells minty fresh.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I am just waiting for Jenna to do this. She has such a fascination with soap. I just don't get it.

Unknown said...

That's Grandma's boy! Sounds just like his dad was at that wonderful age!

Post a Comment