Thursday, November 6, 2008

Change

In light of our new president-elect, I'd like to say, "Hooray for change!" Here's a few other changes we've had around here:

- After putting the shorts away and hauling out the winter coats, the weather has been in the upper seventies for over a week now. I've even had to turn the air conditioner back on. So when I walked into Sam's Club yesterday and "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" was playing, I said, "Oh, no it's not." I'm feeling a bit spoiled but the forecast is for snow flurries on Monday.

- Gas is $1.90. I feel the need to go somewhere.

- After being awoken this morning by Christmas carols on the radio, I wondered what happened to Thanksgiving. Remember when the Christmas decorations magically appeared in the stores the day after Thanksgiving? Now, you can buy a Christmas tree right along with your back-to-school supplies. Anyway, I hit Target for some Halloween clearance items. I resisted the candy but did get a Dorothy costume for 75% off.

- Caleb has started basketball practice and at practice last night, I noticed what a young man he is. He'll be twelve in a few weeks and become a deacon. He'll be having his birthday party at Advanced Laser Tag and has picked out K-State invitations. Caleb loves K-State and doodles their mascot all over.

- I was making a spreadsheet of important dates for the next four years and realized that in 4 years, Caitlyn will be 18. Time flies.

- Blue Bell ice cream is on sale this week. Their November flavors are White Chocolate Almond, Snickerdoodle and Chocolate Extreme. All are quite tasty. Several months ago, the small pint containers were on sale for $1. When I went to the store, the Blue Bell man was there restocking the shelves and offered to hand me the flavors that I wanted. I said that I'd like one of each, please. I believe that Blue Bell ice cream is an important component in our food storage.

- I bought a new camera yesterday. A Nikon D-60. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to take lots of super pictures. I'll have to wade through the instruction manual first. So far, I know how to turn the camera on. I have taken over 10,000 pictures on my current camera and so the picture counter has reset back to picture #1.

- Spencer has a new fascination with superheroes. His favorite is "Fatman" (Batman). He likes to check out a new Fatman book at the library each week.

- I measured Spencer today and he has grown over an inch since September.

0 comments:

Post a Comment