A few weeks ago, I got tired of telling the kids over and over to clean up the basement. I told them if they didn't get it cleaned up, they wouldn't get any dinner. No response. They still refused to help. I got so frustrated that I set the dinner on the table and left. When I got home, I discovered that they had gotten online and ordered themselves pizza for dinner. I didn't know whether to be proud of their ingenuity or to slap them upside the head for making an even bigger mess in the basement.
When the kids were younger, Mark told me that he didn't know how to deal with little kids and if I'd deal with them now, he'd take over when they were teenagers. Well, now they're teenagers and Mark is no longer here. We had a deal.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment