Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Use it or Lose it

  Last week, I decided to clean out the cabinet under my bathroom sink. As I was throwing out bottle after bottle of lotions and potions that were no longer good, I thought about what a waste it was. I had kept these things for "special" occasions and now they were trash. I do that all of the time. What did I do about it? I rummaged through the basement and got out a box of stuff that I had bought on sale, intending to keep on hand for birthday gifts. I did that years ago and now they're really not giftable. So, I gave the girls the makeup kits and bath sets and gave Spencer the almost dried out playdough.



  They were so excited and wanted me to go get them more stuff from the basement. I told them that I would on the next snow day. Lo and behold, school is cancelled today because we're expecting the worst storm since 1912 so I guess I'll have to make that trip to the basement.

  Another thing I dragged upstairs was all the wedding china.


  It's been used two, maybe three times because I was afraid it would get broken. Well, it's not doing anyone any good sitting in a box so we're going to eat pizza off it and I'm not even going to hand-wash it. And, we're going to wipe our mouths with these napkins:


1 comments:

Post a Comment