Last Sunday, we decided to go to Loose Park, a famous KC park that has beautiful rose gardens. I looked up the address, typed it into the GPS and off we went. Hmm, I thought, that's farther that I thought it was. Oh well, we were on our way, all of the way to north KC, almost to the airport. We ended up at someone's house, not a park. I typed in different coordinates and we took off again, this time to east KC. We saw a lot of the city that we had never seen before and after driving for an hour, we ended up about 25 minutes away from home.
It was a beautiful park and the rose garden had been established in 1931. I was all set to take some great pictures of the kids with my big fancy camera when the battery died after just a few shots. The evening was not going very well. At least I had my cell phone camera and we had a great time walking through the roses and climbing trees.
Spencer wanted me to take a picture of his back. I'm lucky that my kids love to have their picture taken.
Here's a picture of how it actually went down: Halle hit Spencer so he had to come running to me. I had to threaten him that if he didn't go back over to the fountain, he wouldn't be in the picture. He trudged back over and gave me a smile, despite having Halle try to elbow him. Just keepin' it real folks.















0 comments:
Post a Comment