Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our Week

The kids had last week off of school because it's the end of the quarter. Yes, they did just have a week and a half off for Spring Break two weeks ago. Today is early dismissal and Halle gets out at 10:30 am. Don't ask me when they get the time to actually learn anything..

Caitlyn spent the week cruising YouTube for makeup videos. What to buy, where to get it, how to put it on, this brand vs. that brand and on and on.

Caleb started baseball practices. We've had almost a month off between sports and we're excited for some baseball games. I believe this is the last year of rec sports and he will take part in school sports next year. I had a school conference with him and he showed me some of the things that he has been working on this year. My favorite was the one where he had to make a job application for a famous person in history. He made one for Ghandi and did quite a good job.

I also met with a whole group of people about Emma. We went over her test scores and an explanation of how the gifted program works. I got to hear them say so many nice things about Emma. Emma came home with a Nancy Drew book from the library and I was so excited. I told her that I have a whole box of Nancy Drew books that are just waiting to be read. She has also started her softball practices. This year, they are called the Thunder and will have new red uniforms.

Halle is doing very well with her reading and she really loves to read books to me. We went to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the theater last week and we saw it in Imax 3D. It was really good. We all wore these huge 3D glasses and I wish that I had my camera to take a picture of everyone. The best part was whenever something would fly out of the screen at us, Halle would move and duck. It was cute.

One day, the kids were bored and driving me crazy so I said that we could go to the playland at the mall so Spencer could play. Caitlyn and Emma went off to look at make-up and Caleb came with me to watch Halle and Spencer. There was a little boy in the play area, about 2 years old, that kept beating up the other kids. I mean, he was relentless. He'd push a kid over and over until they could no longer escape and then he'd start punching. It was terrifying, and yet amusing because he was so little. Finally, he attacked this little girl, who was about 5 years old, right in front of her mother. The mom stood up, said, "What the f***?!" and pulled her daughter away so she could give her some sage advice. She told her, "Next time, you pop his ass," and proceeded to show this little girl how to make a fist and throw a punch. Caleb and I were laughing so hard. It was the funniest thing that I have ever seen at a playground. We were disappointed when the little boy had to leave because we found him to be highly entertaining.

So now, the kids are back in school and I'm trying to get the house back in order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment