Emma wanted to have a slumber party this year for her birthday. What the heck, let's give it a whirl, I thought. She invited 8 girls and 7 of them came. (I was secretly hoping that some of them would be out of town for the holiday weekend.) They watched the premiere of "Camp Rock 2," made mini pizzas, played Ghost in the Graveyard outside and traded Silly Bands. They were all a great bunch of girls and behaved wonderfully. At 10:00, I told them it was time for lights out. After only one reminder, all was quiet in the basement. I thought that the girls were fabulous for going to sleep so quickly. Not so fast. It turns out, they were just really good at whispering and stayed up most of the night talking. After all, that's what girls do best, right?
This morning, they were ready for the pinata. It was a Sponge Bob pinata that turned out to be indestructable. Emma managed to knock a leg off. Soon another leg went flying but no candy fell out. Finally, after all of the girls had several turns, Emma let Caleb have a whack at it. He managed to beat the guts out of poor Sponge Bob. After that, it was a free-for-all, and not for the candy either. "I want a leg! I want an arm! I want his eye!" The girls were all eager for a piece of Bob. After a Dance Party in the basement, it was time for all of the girls to go home.
The day proceeded in a dark cloud of grumpiness from tired little girls who ended up being put to bed early tonight. Now, it's 8:30 and everyone is already asleep. Ah, quiet.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment