Saturday, September 18, 2010

Whew!

  Today was a super-busy day. It seems like every activity was crammed in. (Next Saturday, we only have one thing going on.) First was Emma's volleyball game. Her team is called the Valley Girls because they go to Indian Valley Elementary. Emma did a great job and was the only person on her team to max out at 5 serves over the net. I had to leave after the first game (they play 3 games) to take Caleb to his baseball game so Emma got a ride home with a friend.


I dropped Caleb and his friend, Alex, off at the ball fields and then drove Spencer to the birthday party of one of his school friends. I told the boy's parents, "Hi, this is Spencer. So nice to meet you. Gotta go," and then raced back to Caleb's game. I stopped to get gas on the way.


  Caleb's game was hot, hot, hot. He finished his 2-liter bottle of Gatorade in the second inning, then he snuck drinks out of Alex's water bottle whenever he wasn't looking. Caleb wishes Grandpa could watch him play.

  After 45 minutes of Caleb's game, I had to leave to run pick up Spencer from his party. While I was there, I called home to tell Emma and Halle to get ready for me to come pick them up. Halle had a birthday party and Emma was subbing for a softball game. I swung by the house to get the girls, watched a bit of the last inning of Caleb's game, loaded everyone (including 2 stinky teenage boys) into the van and headed over to field #2 where Emma was going to play her game. I was running late for Halle's party so I told the big boys they'd have to come with me to drop her off before I could take them home. This resulted in many games of steal the cap, wrestle the person next to you and see how long it takes your eyeballs to dry out. Now my car smells like feet. Halle's party was at the indoor swimming pool and she was so excited to be with lots of friends.


  I dropped the boys off at Alex's house and Spencer and I went to watch Emma play her game. This is the team she played with last fall, called The Battitudes and Emma had fun playing. She batted, ran home, and played first base. The games are kid pitch so there was only 2 inning in an hour and 15 minutes.

  We went home, ate a quick dinner, said "hey," to Halle as she came home from her party (she got a ride home with a friend), dropped Emma off at volleyball practice and took Caitlyn to the store to buy a gift for her birthday party. While I was there, I bought an iron. You can tell I never iron because the kids all asked, "What's that? What do you do with it?" I threw everything in the trunk, along with all of our assorted sports equipment.

I dropped Caitlyn off at home to get ready for her party and went to the school for Emma's practice. It was getting dark so I told her we had to go. I dropped her off at home and took Caitlyn to her BFF's 16th birthday party.
  I came back home, bathed the little kids, put them to bed and now I'm off to pick up the big kids. I'm tired.



0 comments:

Post a Comment