Friday, January 14, 2011

Awesomeness

The dining room has been completed. This project is like one of Kevin's awesome disasters, where good things happen as a result of something terrible. I was planning on removing this 80's-style wallpaper and repainting the room myself but, as a result of the water leak, I got a professional to do it for me instead (plus insurance paid for it all). Here is the "Before" in all it's glory:



And here is the "After."



Notice how the head-banging light fixture has been replaced as well. Steve did a great job and even polished all of the woodwork (including every slat on the shutters). It's so nice in there, I left it empty for a few days so I could have at least one room in the house that was perfect. Yesterday, I moved the rugs and furniture back in. I would have taken a picture of that but then everyone would know that we sit on patio furniture in the house. (It's like a beach house. But not.) So now our dining room has been transformed into the puzzle, game, extra junk, future TV room. Steve also patched up all the baseball holes in the basement. He's awesome. Of course, that very night Caleb used the wall for basketball practice.

On another note of awesomeness, my van is still parked down at the school. I was able to bring it up to the house on Thursday but, foolish me, I took it to the repair shop to pick up the carpet cleaner (which had to be repaired so I could clean all of the vomit out of the carpet - a whole other story). When I returned, I couldn't make it back up the hill and ended up parking down at the school again. So, I've been driving "Caitlyn's" car all week (which is a whole new level of awesomeness). At least I was until it got a flat tire. Why? Because life is AWESOME!

1 comments:

swampbaby said...

How come I didn't know you had a blog???? You're holding out on me!

Post a Comment