Sunday, January 16, 2011

They're Getting So Big!

Here's the happenings of our week. If you are not LDS, you will only understand half of what I say.

  Caitlyn enjoyed quite the easy week. Monday and Tuesday were snow days, Wednesday was early dismissal, Thursday was late arrival and Friday was a half-day. Her seminary teachers were out of town so there was no seminary all week plus there's no school tomorrow or Tuesday. Rough life. She had an interview with the bishop after church today so she can get her patriarchal blessing.

  Caleb began his early morning practices for basketball and has to be at the school at 5:45am. No complaints from him so far. I got an e-mail from the high school this week addressed to the parents of the Class of 2015. That's Caleb! There's an upcoming meeting regarding enrollment and extracurricular activities for his Freshman year. I also noticed during Sacrament Meeting today that the entire cuff of his shirt was sticking out of his suit jacket. He's growing too fast.

  In the program at church today, there was an announcement for YW New Beginnings. All 11 year old girls are invited as well. As I leaned over to show Emma that she would be able to attend, I realized that she will be turning 12 next year! It's hard to imagine Emma being able to go to YW. Emma did a great job at her basketball game on Saturday and scored 1/3 of her team's points.

  Speaking of bigness, Halle will be old enough to go to Activity Days with Emma next month. Halle has been given a solo in her class musical program next week. She will be singing "My Heart is Home." She is quite the performer and will do a great job.

  Spencer has had a game fixation this week. We have played all sorts of board games and he always manages to beat me, usually in very creative ways.

  The van has been parked down at the school all week. For church today, we could either all walk down to the van in our church finery in sub-zero temps (Why am I the only one on the street that shovels their sidewalk? A little pet-peeve of mine.) or we could drive to church in the car, which only has 5 seatbelts. I guess I could pick my favorites to take with me. Anyway, I ended up loading everyone in the car and driving them all down to the school where we switched to the van. After church, we all crossed our fingers, held our breath, leaned forward and took a racing start up our street. (We did the same thing on Friday and made it up to the fire hydrant but no further.) But today, Hallelujah, we made it all of the way up to the house! I'm so happy.
  I dropped the kids off at home, walked down to the school to get the car and went visiting teaching. I've got an amazing companion and we visit three sisters. They are all so different and I learn from each one of them. I got home in time to get dinner out of the crockpot, serve it, clean it up and head out to a fireside. It was called "How Do We Pray" and it featured a Jewish Rabbi and a member from LA who's an expert on Mormon/Jewish relations. It was very well done and the stake center was packed those of ours and the Jewish faith. Fascinating.

  So, like I said, no school for the next two days and sub-freezing temperatures. What shall we do, what shall we do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment