Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just The Good Old Boys

  So, by now you are very familiar with the van vs. the snowy roads saga. Thursday was another snow day so I took Caitlyn and Emma shopping for snow boots. We were in the car and when we got home, guess what? We couldn't make it up the street because the snow was too deep. (The other streets had been plowed.) I stopped in the middle of our street and went inside to get Halle and Spencer so we could go to the library. I had to carry them through the knee-deep snow to get to the car. I hoped that the road would be better when we returned.

  We came back about an hour later and the street was still the same. The school's parking lot was clear but I didn't want to have to carry everyone up to the house (because, as you may recall, I am the only one who shovels the sidewalk in front of their house.) I looped around through the school lot, lined the car up with our street and checked for oncoming traffic. After telling the kids to hold on, I floored it. We flew out of the lot and hit the snow with a leap. The car slid all the way up to the house, safe and sound. Bo and Luke Duke would have been proud. All was quiet and I looked in the back seat to see three pairs of eyes, wide open. "Kids," I said, "don't try this at home."

0 comments:

Post a Comment