Friday, July 13, 2012

All-Star Baseball Fan Fest

The baseball All-star game was held here in KC last week. We didn't fork out $800 a seat for game tickets but we did go downtown to the FanFest. It was awesome! When we left the house, Caleb was the only one who wanted to go and I had the force the others to get into the car because I had already bought their tickets. By the time we entered the hall, everyone was ready for some fun.

World's largest baseball:
 There was TONS of stuff to do. We threw balls, hit balls, ran to steal bases and clocked pitch speeds. We sampled pop and Taco Bell (3 times), had our pictures taken and got tons of free stuff. The kids even had little movies taken of them that were turned into cool flip books. I don't know if we saw anyone famous because I wouldn't recognize a baseball player anyway. (Except for Derek Jeter, thanks to reading "Derek Jeter: Surefire Shortstop" to Spencer every night for months.) But, there were plenty of ball player there giving autographs, hosting clinics and talking about baseball. Just not Derek Jeter :-). We all had a super-fantastic time and I could have gone around and done everything again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment