Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day

Happy Martin Luther King Day. In our house, we celebrate this holiday by yelling at the kids to clean up, or else. Here's Halle cleaning the bathroom.

We keep all of the toys in the basement. I have a big box in the family room and the rest are put away in the storage room in big tubs that are stacked all of the way up to the ceiling. Every once in a while, I'll pack up the toys that are out and bring out a whole new box of toys. It's just like Christmas, well, almost. Here's Spencer with a few of the new toys that I unpacked today. ("Sword ... check. Gun ... check. Helmet ... check. Now, what am I forgetting?"
I also went through all of the toys in the basement and emptied all of the tubs of toys. I filled up 4 trash bags to throw away and filled the trunk and front seat of the van with stuff to take to Goodwill. The only tears were from Caitlyn who really wanted the stuffed moose that has been put away for at least two years. I let her have it but everything else is now gone.

The cleaning incentive was that we would go see a movie when we were done. Unfortunately, everything was sold out so we bought tickets for later in the evening and showed up an hour early to get in line for seats. We saw "Paul Blart, Mall Cop." It was pretty funny. At least I enjoyed the parts that I got to see. We sat in the very last row and I had to make 3 potty trips and a popcorn/drink refill trip. I'm still a bit confused about the ending of the movie because I missed the grand finale. I think that Moms should be able to buy special discounted movie tickets because we don't get to watch the whole movie anyway.
Now the kids are all tucked into bed. They're all very excited because they get to go to the dentist tomorrow. I'll tell you all about that later.






0 comments:

Post a Comment