Yesterday, I mowed the lawn. I finished the front yard and was halfway through the backyard when the mower died. I managed to get it started back up again, but it started spitting out white smoke and then died again. I pushed the mower back over to the garage and pulled out the old rotary mower so I could finish the job.
Now, I had already been to the gym earlier that morning and taken an athletic training class that left me sweaty from head to toe. I had also gathered up all of the neighbor's branches that had falled into our yard, cut them to size and tied them into 6 large bunches so the trash man could take them next week. Needless to say, I was pretty pooped but I pushed that little mower with all that I had left. With several kicks and choice words, I was making some progrees when I noticed that I had an audience. Our neighbors are landscaping their backyard and had several workers over there. The neighbors were also on their back deck with some friends. Since our house is at the top of a hill, everyone can see what's going on in our yard and so I provided the morning's entertainment. To top it off, Emma, Halle and Spencer had popped some popcorn and were lined up on our deck, eating their bowls of popcorn and watching me work. I'm glad that my hard work could keep everyone from being bored.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment