Friday, March 13, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Today's Spring Break activity was a trip downtown to Crown Center. They have a new exhibit celebrating the anniversary of The Wizard of Oz (I forget how many years). Here are the kids with Dorothy and Glinda.
Munchkin Spencer. Spencer liked everything except for The Great and Terrible Oz. It terrified him and he covered his eyes so he wouldn't have to see it.





The fun lasted for all of about 20 minutes and then they all wanted to go to the candy store. Since candy was $7.40 a pound, I let then each pick out 2 pieces of candy, which makes me the meanest mother EVER. We looked around the Crayola store and then everyone was ready to go.
On the way home, we stopped to see the Rosedale Arch. I see signs for it every time we go downtown but I didn't know what it was. This time, I pulled off the freeway and followed those signs. The arch is a memorial for citizens who had died in WWI, WWII and Vietnam.

There was also a view of the illustrious, magnificent metropolis of Kansas City, which is really tiny in this picture. Only 10 more days until school starts again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment